BGL Golf, the UK’s leading course owner and operator, has announced its support of National Golf Month with a host of initiatives to encourage more people to give the game a go.
Operating at 10 venues across the UK, BGL Golf is basing its National Golf Month offers on the success it has already seen with its free coaching initiative, Learn Golf, which more than 2,500 non-golfers have registered for.
National Golf Month, which launches on May 1, 2014, has been organised in conjunction with industry leaders including BGL Golf plus key organisations such as The European Tour and England Golf, the game’s National Governing Body, to help entice lapsed golfers and attract newcomers to the sport.
The initiative has the support of several stars of the game including six-time major winner, Sir Nick Faldo, and young Solheim Cup heroin, Charley Hull.
Being promoted nationwide, people can access all National Golf Month offers, including BGL Golf’s via the dedicated website – www.nationalgolfmonth.com.
Providing golfers of all ages and ability to give the game a try, people will have the opportunity to take advantage of the following offers at BGL Golf venues.
1. Learn Golf – No golf equipment or golf clothing required
- 1 FREE 1 hour lesson – led by a PGA Professional, covering a complete introduction to the game including set-up, stance, grip and posture
- 4 x 1 hour beginners lessons, including £50 worth of free vouchers products including range tokens, drinks in the café bar and grill. Progression from initial introduction.
2. FREE Family Golf Lesson – For any combination up to and including 2 adults and 3 children. Includes 50 balls on the range, club hire, and an overview of the full facility plus ½ hour tuition.
3. HALF PRICE Individual Golf Lesson – Open to everyone and includes 1 x Half hour coaching session with a PGA Professional
Colin Mayes, BGL chief executive, said: “We are committed to making golf accessible for families and delivering fun and relaxed environments where everyone can enjoy the game.
“The objectives of National Golf Month chime with the goals of BGL Golf and provides an ideal opportunity for people of all ages and abilities across the country to have a go and get a taste for the sport.”